Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Melbourne Hall Furniture Restorers.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you in the following ways.
What we collect:
- email address.
- Information provided by you as a result of using this website for example information given in the message field on our contact form or when making email or telephone enquiries with us.
- Information relating to the nature of the services required.
What we do with this information:
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you with the service or information you require. This includes:
- Internal record keeping so we can respond to your enquiry and contact you regarding the services we are providing for you or information you have requested for example to provide quotations, recommendations, advice, general information and to fulfil our legal requirements.
- To carry out our obligations and legitimate interests arising from any contract for services we consequently provide to you at your request.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data, however, we would appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns directly so please contact us in the first instance.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR. Please contact Neil Collumbell, Melbourne Hall Furniture Restorers, Melbourne Hall Visitors Centre, Church Square, Melbourne DE73 8EN
A cookie is a small text file placed on the user’s device / computer hard drive. We use a third party service that uses analytical cookies to track how our website is being used allowing us to collect standard internet information including the number of visitors to the site, how long each user spends on the site, the pages/content being viewed, the web browsers being used etc. This allows us to improve the way our website works and to understand the interests of the site visitor. Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website to provide the visitor with the best user experience.
Information gathered by analytical cookies used on this website cannot identify you personally and is only used for analysis purposes to help us provide the best possible website experience for the user.
Your web browser should provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device, please see your web browser options.
Cookies that we use are;
Data security and protection
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial processes to secure any personal information we hold.
We will not sell, distribute or release your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by applicable laws and regulations.
Links to other websites
Resources & further information